There is an SHS Job Vacancy At Marriott Hotels. This reputable establishment seeks the services of a Pastry Chef. This is a full time job.
Core work Activities
Leading Pastry Culinary Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Education And Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (equivalent to WASSCE); 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Location Accra Marriott Hotel, Liberation Road Airport City, Accra, Ghana, Ghana