There is a Job vacancy At International Water Management Institute(IWMI). The company is hire a Researcher – Economist.
- Lead the design and execute impact assessments related to multifunctional land and water systems innovations (e.g., decision support tool for rice and fish, fish friendly irrigation, integrated production systems in small reservoirs, etc) to assess impacts related to productivity, poverty, food security, gender and youth inclusion, climate change adaptation and mitigation, and environmental outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with research teams to enhance economic analysis in interdisciplinary research projects involving social scientists, hydrologists, agricultural water management researchers and environmental scientists across IWMI’s offices in Africa and Asia.
- Communicate research results for scaling and uptake of innovations to diverse audiences such as policymakers, funders, civil society, and the research community through peer-reviewed articles, research reports and other scientific and communication deliverables (e.g., policy guidelines and policy briefs).
- Develop and lead economic research projects, including microeconomic analysis and impact assessment of new technologies, policies and programs, to support the transformation of food, land and water systems
- Initiate, develop and maintain collaboration with research partners, governments and development investors in Africa and in Asia.
- Fulfil project management duties by working with colleagues in information and knowledge management group, human resources, finance and project management office
- Contribute to capacity building of partners, students and interns.
- PhD in Economics (Development Economics, Agricultural Economics or Environmental Economics), with a specialization in impact evaluation of development projects.
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral research experience;
- Sustained and consistent excellent publications record in international peer-reviewed journals
- Expertise and experience in designing and conducting impact evaluation of water and land innovations, including sample and survey design, questionnaire design, pilot testing, micro-econometric data analysis, quality assurance, hypothesis testing, publication and communication of results.
- Experience with randomized control trials, natural experiments and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methods.
- Demonstrated facility with micro-econometric analysis of household survey data using standard econometric software, such as for hypothesis testing and prediction.
- Good understanding of economic theory and principles and ability to apply such knowledge to water, land and ecosystems management issues as they relate to food security and climate change.
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions and stakeholder engagement in multicultural settings with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research and capacity strengthening
- Experience of living, working and traveling in developing countries.
- Ability to independently design and conduct research;
- Capacity to work effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural research teams while assuring the quality and relevance of project outcomes and promoting a workplace culture of knowledge sharing and transfer.
- Ability to communicate research to a broad spectrum of stakeholders (researchers, academicians, policymakers, local partners).
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally and to work under conditions common to rural areas of developing countries.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with demonstrated excellence in written and oral presentations.
How To Apply For The Job vacancy At International Water Management Institute(IWMI)
Closing Date: 11th September, 2022
Recommended Jobs to Apply For: