There is an Internship Opportunity At IFRC. At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the position will review accounts, financial management and office Administrative duties of the IFRC’s Country Delegation for Accra, Ghana under the guidance and supervision of the Finance & Administration Officer and Delegate Finance and Administration based in the Cluster Officer in Abuja.
While performing this role, the intern will be exposed to accounting and administration processes and procedures for the National Society and the IFRC and will equip the incumbent with the necessary skills to work in similar setups within the Humanitarian and development field.
Data capturing from Source documents
- Capture all Payments Receipts into Coda system before validation and processing by the Finance and Admin Officer
- Receive all National societies working Advance check if all supporting documents are attached with correct authorization.
- Capturing of refundable VAT element into the Coda
Petty Cash Management
- Daily ensure that there is enough Petty Cash for office petty cash expenses
- Weekly ensure that there is weekly Petty cash count including month end and reconciliations.
- Submit year end Petty cash Account that is reconciling to the General ledger.
- Ensure that the Staff with approved Mission trips have been supplied with the requested travel funds including fuel.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting or Finance option. Required
- At least 1 year in similar positions. Required
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization. Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language:
- Proficient computer skills. Required
- Broad understanding of Red Cross/Red Crescent activities. Required
- Self-Motivated, proactive with good judgment and initiative. Required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English. Required
- Fluently spoken and written English. Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish, Somali, or Arabic). Preferred
Competencies and Values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork;
- Judgment and Decision Making;
- National Society and Customer Relations;
- Creativity and Innovation;
- Building Trust.
Other Jobs To Apply For;
How To Apply For The Internship Opportunity At IFRC
Closing Date: 12th September, 2022