There is an Exciting Job Vacancy At Marshall Oil & Gas Services. The company wishes to employ the services of an HSE Senior Officer.
Scope of Responsibility
To lead in developing and implementing Health, Security and environmental policies and procedures necessary for ensuring the health and safety of works and workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Officer of the HSE team you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate the development of corporate HE policies to support the company’s HSE management system.
- Spearhead management’s activities by providing advice and guidance on HSSE
- To continually establish and maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the company to create a culture that prioritizes effective health and safety
- To initiate the continuous review and update of internal HSSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments and make recommendation for policies and practices that will ensure a pro-safety and pro-health environment.
- Support management to ensure compliance with legal and other regulatory requirements, including relevant international conventions.
- Develop regular reports and updates to management for consideration on suggested Health & Safety activities and programs
- Support Deputy Operations Manager in investigating all incidents and accidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
- Spearhead the implementation of corrective actions as it relates to previous incidents and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Organization and are incorporated into the training program, as necessary.
- Support the Deputy Operations Manager (DOM) to design, supervise, and coordinate training
programs for staff and all stakeholders to increase proficiency in safe practices and to promote
- Stay abreast with current and emerging technical and professional aspects of HSSE
- Support the DOM with the processes for obtaining ISO/OSHAS and other relevant certifications for the company.
- Conduct regular site visits/audits to ensure staff conform to all HSSE regulations
- Conducts risk assessment to highlight areas of potential risks
- Create staff awareness on importance and benefits of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for the continual development and upkeep of the Emergency Response procedures
and associated practices (e.g. firefighting, damage control, crowd control, command and
control, crisis management etc.
- Direct and manage Risk Assessments, Hazard Assessments, HAZOPS and Incident Investigations
registers and tracks corrective actions arising from audits, workplace accident enquiries,
feedback from near incidents/near accidents, discussions, safety challenge, etc.
- Develop and conduct appropriate Safety training for the staff as required.
- Organize and checks the budget monitoring for his or her department
- Manage all staff on his or her team.
- A Degree/ A master’s degree in Environmental Science or any relevant discipline, and NEBOSH
IGC or its equivalent.
- Experience in H&S Systems, Quality Management Systems and a thorough working knowledge
of international codes and standards (ISO, OHSAS, OSHA, and NFPA etc.)
- Demonstrate good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
- At least 7 years’ experience in HE in an Oil &Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial environment.
- Proven record of HSSE management experience from preferably port operations or similar industrial environments.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
General knowledge and experience Oil and Gas operations practices
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in handling of dangerous goods & emergency situations
- Experience in Risk assessment and risk management as well as Incident investigation and report
Location: Takoradi, Ghana
How to apply For Exciting Job Vacancy At Marshall Oil & Gas Services
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: HR@Tacotel.com.gh stating the Role as the subject
Closing Date: 31st August, 2022
Other Jobs To Consider:
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the role they apply for.
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications,
- Due to the high volume of applications received by Marshall, only short-listed candidates will be
contacted for interview.
- Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that Marshall will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be Marshall employees or persons claiming to represent Marshall should be disregarded and reported.