There is a Vacant Slot At The Omni Group. The company is hiring an HSEQ Supervisor.
The position holder will be responsible for all health, safety, environment, and quality control activities in Omni Energy to ensure compliance with company policies and government safety regulations to achieve quality service and excellence while maximizing profit.
- Responsible for implementing the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management program in accordance with Regulations and ISO standards
- Maintaining HSEQ Control Procedures and records per national regulations and ISO Standards.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Develops and implements safety policies to help employers and employees reduce accident-related costs and prevent losses.
- Coordinates daily toolbox meetings in all operational areas and oversee same in other project areas.
- Keeps up to date with all new legislation and development in HSEQ and advising the units of any changes.
- Responsible for implementation of all quality control and assurances procedures.
- Monitors to ensure that workers comply to new HSEQ policies and regulations.
- Coordinates and ensure PPEs are available to all employees and enforce usage.
- Records and investigates accidents and incidents and completes reports.
- Monitors the work environment for unsafe activities and conditions.
- Conducts incident/accident investigations and provides a report to management with recommendation.
- Provides training information and educational activities to staff.
- Conducts risk assessment and job safety analysis.
- Handles HSEQ monthly inspection and suggest interventions.
- Conducts internal and external control audit. Attend external meetings organized by EPA and other reputable house with sectional Heads for advice, suggestions, directions etc.
- Review of HSEQ policies in line with all operations.
- Responsible for1st Aid on site.
- Research on health and safety to be abreast with emerging trends.
- Conducts internal Audit to ensure that every unit complies of the health and safety directives and regulations.
- Performing other assignments as required.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- BSc or MSc in occupational health and safety management or environmental management or related subject.
- Level 1 or 2 professional Health and Safety certification such as NEBOSH, CSP, IOSH etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Understanding of the organizational health, safety and environmental policies and regulations to ensure a health, safe and environmental compliant working environment
- Ability to monitors the removal of physical, biological, and chemical hazards and trains employees on health, safety and associated environmental policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to conducts inspections of work area and equipment for compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Ensures employees in each function follow established health, safety, environmental and quality procedures and comply with associated government institutions and local regulations
- Ability to design reporting skills system to advise and create a case for prosecution in the event of serious accident at workplace
- Demonstrable skills to provide direction for all quality control activities and advise in the day-to-day operations
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
- Ability to articulate viewpoints and stick to them where necessary
- Ability to cope with work, time, and people pressures.
- Ability to keep to time and other commitments; delivers on commitments made to others.
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Ability to follow up to monitor people and work activities.
- Ability to build a cohesive work team and motivate team members
- Knowledge of decision making and problem solving
- Ability to plan and organize work