There is a new Job Recruitment At Ashesi University. The university’s communications department is looking to hire a content writer.
The Content Writer will be an Ashesi ambassador who helps create accurate and creative content across channels, including print, digital, video, and audio. The selected candidate will work with various members of the Ashesi community – faculty, staff, students and alumni – to identify compelling stories that will be translated for our website and into scripts for podcasts.
The selected candidate will report to the University Communications Officer and be part of a growing global team of Ashesi storytellers and advocates.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about storytelling through clear, compelling, concise writing and multi-channel distribution.
- You are curious, know how to sniff out a good story, and have the relationship-building skill to engage different stakeholders to get it told with creativity.
- You meet people where they are and can tell anyone’s story regardless of their perspective. You make people feel comfortable and confident in sharing their stories and tell those stories with tact.
- You understand how to speak to various audiences and can successfully modify writing based on speaker, channel, or use-case.
- You have a strong knowledge of English grammar, usage, and style.
- You have great organisation skills, attention to detail, and can adapt to changing priorities within a deadline-driven environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to content and stakeholder communication strategy.
- Manage content across the University website, identifying opportunities to strengthen copy across different pages.
- Write and develop multimedia content, including video scripts, questions for documentary-style interviews, podcasts, posters, and others.
- Manage teams of student content creators/interns/volunteers.
- Lead podcasting and other audio content creation efforts within Ashesi’s radio studio.
- Edit and proofread communication material from other university teams as needed.
- A strong portfolio of successful writing in multiple mediums.
- A degree or other credible academic qualification in English, communication, or public relations. Candidates with non-related degrees may apply with demonstrable work and expertise in copywriting, radio/audio script writing and production, and corporate communications.
- Ability to collaborate with other communications leads, student teams, and volunteers to conceptualise and create compelling written and audio stories.
- Ability to conduct research and interviews to inform stories, messaging and copy.
Location: Berekuso, Eastern Region