The University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD (UGMC) is an ultra-modern 1000 bed Medical Centre located on the University of Ghana campus.
The Centre operates three (3) major service areas: Quaternary Level Hcalthcare provision, Medical Training and Scientific/Medical Research. The Centre is focused on delivering excellent and unparalleled client experience through highly motivated staff and the application of advanced technology.
There is a Job Posting At University of Ghana Medical Centre Limited. They are hiring a Chief Executive Officer (Job Ref; CEO/02.0822).
The CEO shall be:
- Accountable to the Board of Directors of the UGMC.
- Expected to provide leadership and translate the vision of the owners of the facility into strategic and operational plans for implementation by Management and staff of the Centre.
- Required to direct all his her efforts towards positioning the UGMC to become the first among equals in the West African sub-region for multi specialty healthcare provision, medical and scientific research, and medical training.
- Required to support all staff towards the delivery of operational excellence.
- Expected to ensure that standards of services and the facilities are maintained to the highest levels,
- Responsible for the overall performance and operational management of the Centre whilst ensuring a robust performance framework to enhance effective and efficient administration.
- Required to ensure financial sustainability of the
- A senior healthcare professional with a total of not less than fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification and work experience, 5 years of which must be in a Senior Management
position in a reputable institution
- A master’s degree in Healthcare Administration /Management OR (its equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a similar facility
- Must have a track record in effective operational and financial management, business development, and strategic skills,
Familiar with medical training, and scientific rescarch (added advantage).
- Excellent communication skills,
- Extensive team building skills
- Tenure for the office of the successful candidate shall be
four (4) years in the first instance, renewable for a second term only
- The successful candidate MUST be able to serve a full 4 year term before age 65.
Salary: competitive and negotiable.
How To Apply For The Job Posting At University of Ghana Medical Centre Limited
Applicants should submit soft eopy (PDF only) of signed application letter and attach Curriculum Vitae, Vision
statement (of not more than 2500 words with a font size of 12) and relevant certificates to both:
Applications are to be addressed to:
UGMC CEO Search Committee
Kindly note that UGMC will accept only soft copy applications.
Closing Date: 2nd October, 2022