Ghana Food Movement Invites Job Applications. Ghana Food Movement (GFM) is a network of young people who are passionate about food and farming in Ghana and wish to contribute to the development of a sustainable food system. Regarding Ghana’s food system, we host dinners, food safaris, film screenings, and panel discussions, among other activities. We also coordinate larger projects with multiple partners. The Youth In Agribusiness (YIA) program is one of them.
During a four-month internship program, we train and link Ghanaian adolescents with recognized food and agriculture enterprises. This curriculum is distinctive in that it blends instruction in soft skills with practical experience. Youth learn from other young and skilled CEOs, farmers, food entrepreneurs, business developers, and each other over the entirety of the program.
After the success of the first YIA program, we will host two more in 2023. Planning and preparation began in September 2022, and the actual programs will commence in January and September 2023. We intend to then spread the initiative throughout Ghana. This indicates that there is room for advancement in this position.
Ghana Food Movement Invites Job Applications: Details
- Institution/Company: Ghana Food Movement
- Job: Youth Coordinator
- Deadline: September 1, 2022.
We seek a youth coordinator for the preparation and execution of the Youth in Agribusiness program of the Ghana Food Movement.
Role of Action
We are looking for a youth coordinator to join our team to build and organize both YIA programs. You will support the development of the program curriculum and organize online and offline campaigning. You will also help with the selection and onboarding of the participants, be a facilitator and mentor during the program, and assist with research and evaluation to measure the impact of the program. Long story short, a very dynamic role you can grow in and develop a lot of useful skills!
As much as everyone has their talent and clear responsibilities within the team, we are very flexible and everyone’s input is equally important. Therefore we want someone who is curious, willing to learn, and takes initiative and ownership. Our team is young and dynamic and we all learn from each other. This role is also a great opportunity to gain a network within Ghana’s food and Agri space.
Who are we looking for?
- You should be between 20-35 years old, energetic and passionate about youth, food, and agriculture!
- Someone that doesn’t follow the mainstream without reflection
- Eager and curious to learn
- Not afraid to take your own initiative and you don’t wait for instructions to get things done
- Have good communication skills and connections with youth
- Ready to work both remotely and in person in Accra and be flexible with the team. This is not a 9-5 office job, but it will require a lot of work.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Writing skills and project management skills are favorable
- Relevant university degree favorable but not required
What would you need to organize yourself?
- You will need to be located in Accra and be able to meet with the team some days every week. The rest of the work will be online and you will therefore need your own computer and internet.
- You will need to cover your own lunch and transport cost.
Ghana Food Movement Invites Job Applications: How To Apply
Send your CV along with a personal letter (maximum 1 page) or video (maximum 3 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org Write “application youth coordinator” in the subject.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Application deadline September 1, 2022