Here is the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Job Vacancy. The company is looking to employ the services of a Deputy Director-General (Research And Development).
The incumbent will:
- Be responsible to the Director-General of the CSIR for overseeing the development and execution of the Research and Development activities of the thirteen Institutes, as well as the Council’s programmes and projects.
- Assist the Director-General in setting the research priorities of the Council in line with Government policy.
- Ensure quality assurance, and undertake monitoring and evaluation of the research outputs of the Institutes to ensure that research results are reliable, relevant and customer-driven .
- Mobilise Research and Development funds for the execution of the Council’s internal and external projects, and establish/maintain effective linkages with relevant institutions and agencies within and outside the CSIR for the implementation of programmes.
- Oversee the transfer of the results of research in Science and Technology to relevant institutions and user-agencies.
- Act for the Director-General in his/her absence.
- Perform any other duties as the Director-General may prescribe from time to time.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- A PhD degree in the Agricultural / Biological / Physical/Engineering Sciences.
- A distinguished and outstanding Research Scientist of national and international repute, with substantial research output and experience in R&D which must be adjudged to be at the rank of at least a Principal Research Scientist or an Associate Professor.
- Strong leadership and management ability, with at least five (5) years management experience as Head of Division/Department or Deputy Director and be capable of translating the Council’s strategic plan into strategic decisions and action programmes in the area of R&D. Being a Director/Dean will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to organise, direct and co-ordinate activities within a large research system and to motivate project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance.
- Ability to interact with top management in otherinstitutions and agencies.
- Good business sense and strong resource mobilisation skills, and be capable of attracting funding from internal and external sources to support R&D activities.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, to inspire research staff to give of their best.
- Considerable digital skills and be proficient in the use of Information Technology to enhance work output
The candidate should have the ability to serve a complete five-year term before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60.
Salary: Attractive with fringe benefits.
How To Apply For Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Job Vacancy
Interested applicants are to submit a written application letter with the following attachments:
- Full Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information (including e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) of three (3) confidential referees.
- Brief Vision Statement of not more than 2500 words indicating how the applicant will use the position to advance the strategic objectives of the CSIR.
- All other relevant information including tables and figures should be placed in an Appendix of not more than 6 pages.
To the address below:
SEARCH COMMITTEE FOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR-GENERAL
COUNCIL FOR SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH (CSIR)
ATTENTION: DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
Note: Applicants should request their referees to submit their confidential reports directly through the email addresses provided below by 3rd October, 2022.
Soft copies (PDF format) of application documents are to be submitted to any of the email addresses listed below by the deadline:
Closing Date: 26th September, 2022.
Applicants can also send Hard copies of their application to the CSIR Head Office, off Agostino Neto Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra. DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA037-6683