There is a job vacancy for the position of Chief of Party (Operations & Administration) at Crown Agents.
The overall goal of the upcoming Fiscal Accountability Strengthening activity in Ghana is to strengthen the capacity of oversight institutions and both the integrity system and the public financial management mechanisms that can contribute to resolving the broader accountability challenges to support improvement in the delivery of services.
The Activity is also intended to strengthen district assembly and civil society oversight of district financial operations and responsiveness, as well as geo-spatial planning systems for revenue generation in 10 districts in Northern Ghana.
- The Deputy Chief of Party – Operations & Administration (DCOP) works in tandem with the Chief of Party (COP) to provide technical and administrative leadership in the implementation of project activities, to provide financial and quality control for the programme’s technical outputs, and to support the COP in representing the programme on high-level District, region and national level working groups, in donor and Ministry meetings (at the national and sub-national levels), and in other for where the programme’s goals, aims, and investments must be explained.
- The DCOP contributes to the timely submission of all required deliverables and reports and dedicates his/her efforts to ensuring that the project is implemented according to the technical stipulations in this statement of work and in conformity with the agreed-upon, finalised work plan. (S)he will support the COP to ensure project compliance with all USAID and Palladium reporting and financial requirements.
- The DCOP will report directly to the COP and will serve as Acting CDP in the COP’s absence. The DCOP will also supervise several technical leads
Crown Agents is encouraging Ghanaian nationals to apply.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate for the position of Deputy Chief of Party – Operations & Administration shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Economics, Public Financial Management, Development Studies, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited university.
Skills And Experience
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in public financial management, implementing internationally funded development programs, or other relevant technical area;
- At least six years in a senior management or leadership position;
- At least five years of experience working on USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- At least four years of experience in the governance sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ghana;
- Experience leading policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation efforts;
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills, and written and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to organise programme work teams, to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with USAID and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the project:
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and operations management of programmes that are of a similar scope, size and complexity to this activity.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development is preferred
- Prior work experience in Ghana preferred,
Language: Fluency in English is required, and fluency in a local language is preferred.
How To Apply For Chief of Party (Operations & Administration) At Crown Agents
Please send you CV and covering letter to: KMapfumo@crownagents.co.uk
Closing Date: 07 September, 2022