There is a Career Opportunity At Nestle Ghana. The company is hiring a Sustainable Agriculture Development Agronomist.
- Ensures that the necessary upstream and downstream structures are in place to deliver Baby Food Grade cereals and grains to Nestlé factories in the Region
- Launch and drive all Nestlé initiatives (namely CSV Creating Shared Value), tools and projects as required to ensure the achievement of all targets and KPIs (cost, quality, volumes, people …), in line with the business priorities. Lead improvement projects on existing sourcing, namely projects aiming at meeting our quality norms for the raw materials sourced, including Derogation management for Contaminant risk mitigation (when Agriculture related).
- Develop and implement market/region strategies for the direct sourcing of the raw materials required, in line with Nestlé policies and business needs. Develop new sourcing (suppliers, raw materials) as per business needs.
- Develop, plan and execute the market/region strategies on Regenerative / Climate Smart Agriculture to deliver on Nestlé’s Global sustainability (Net Zero) commitments.
- Ensure and develop the connection with the rural community: farmers, suppliers, government, associations, industry, competitors
- Develop local agriculture competencies in external organizations/partners
- Close collaboration with grain suppliers to identify and implement plans/investments required to ensure traceability, transparency in farmers operations and standard requirement met to meet Nestlé specifications.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure supply and deliver on commitments.
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- Minimum Educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Agriculture or relevant field.
- Minimum Relevant work experience: Experienced Agronomist with minimum of 5 to 10 years’ of work experience in agriculture or related area; working experience with smallholder farmers in rural communities and corresponding stakeholders in the grain value is an added advantage.
- Personal integrity to defend standards and Nestlé business principles. Does not hesitate to express own opinions using the right arguments.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills to work with suppliers and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, management, and coaching skills.
- Excellent project management skills with result focus, including use of relevant tools and instruments.
- Able to set priorities and delegate activities.
- Able to work under high pressure, in challenging environment.
Location: Accra, Ghana
Other Jobs to consider:
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT JIJI GHANA
- NEW JOB OPENING AT WILMAR INTERNATIONAL
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT SANDVIK MINING AND ROCK TECHNOLOGY