There is a New Open Role At IWMI. The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as Research officer – Inclusive Agricultural Finance.
The Research Officer is expected to implement the research-for-development on sustainable and inclusive financing modalities for investing in climate smart agricultural innovations and water management solutions in Ghana. Research approaches combine the technical understanding of water management and farming systems in a changing climate. The person will facilitate the public and private sector engagement and partnership to accelerate the investment in agricultural innovation scaling and adoption. The person will also support the monitoring of the research activities of these projects regarding climate-resilient cocoa and irrigation in Ghana.
SEE THIS JOB: JANUARY 2023 JOB VACANCY AT GUINNESS
General Duties And Responsibilities:
Develop inclusive financing modalities for climate-resilient innovation investment
- Design the research to develop irrigation investment cases and financing models for climate-resilient agriculture in collaboration with and supervision of the economic research group
- Apply the research design to cocoa irrigation and irrigated horticultural crops in Ghana
Facilitate the public and private sector engagement and partnership to accelerate the investment in agricultural innovation scaling and adoption
- Initiate and facilitate collaborations and partnerships with research and public and private sector partners that are active in the finance, agriculture, and irrigation sector in Ghana.
- Contribute to scaling the inclusive financing modality for climate-resilient innovation investment with the public and private sectors.
Monitor the research activities and communicate research outputs
- Monitor the climate-resilient cocoa and irrigation-related research activities of these projects carried out in different regions in Ghana
- Prepare research reports, scientific publications, policy briefs, and extension materials for dissemination and uptake of research outputs
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A MSc in Agricultural economics, development studies, and other similar disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience in research in agricultural economics, development studies, and financial business models in Ghana.
- Proven experience and insights into cocoa and irrigation sectors
- Experience in working with research and private sector partners from multiple disciplines.
- A good understanding of the irrigation sector in Ghana, including affordable/scalable technologies for small-scale irrigation, farmer-led irrigation development, and the private sector.
- Networks with the cocoa sector’s actors and stakeholders and familiarity with agricultural and cocoa extension and scaling of irrigation among smallholder farmers.
- Ability to be a great team player with good communication and organizational skills.
- A good track record of relevant publications, whether scientific, communication products, or other materials.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Local languages in cocoa production regions
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of two years with the possibility of extension.
You Might Also Like:
How To Submit An Application For IWMI’s New Open Role
Interested persons should click on this Button