There is a New Job Posting At Olam. The company is in search of a hardworking and proactive Commercial and Operations Manager.
- Controlling/reducing Wt. Losses during discharge operations of vessels
- Responsible for efficient discharge of vessels by co ordinating with various agencies i.e. internally with Finance/Business for releases and externally with stevedores and customer
- Ensuring proper deployment of teams for fast and consistent discharging of the cargo
- Co-ordinating with various inspection companies (Insurance, P&I Club etc.) to have recon of losses on daily basis
- Planning for berth congestions and co ordinating for berthing of vessels accordingly
- Responsible for DA’s at ports and predicting/planning for overspent on that account
- Understanding of principles of laytime terms and timely calculation and closure of demurrage/dispatch for vessels
- Liaison with Global Shipping Desk for LOI’s, Vessel Operations, vetting and closure of demurrage/dispatch for vessels etc.
- Understanding of Marine insurance principles and practices
- Responsible for communication with Insurance Brokers regarding claims processing, loss assessment, arrest of vessels, LOU’s, documents submissions etc
- Responsible for timely closure of claims with insurance
- Supporting the business team for any differences if any for claims by customers different from Survey Report of Insurance Surveyors
- Supervising execution team for complete co-ordination with origins/suppliers and customers for timely shipping documentation
- Understanding of various requirements of different countries e.g. COC for IVC, ECTN for Benin/Liberia
Job Location: Accra, Ghana