There is a new career opportunity at Gulf of Guinea Maritime Institute. The institute is looking for an Associate Director with experience and energy to help our organization grow and have a bigger impact. The best candidate will be a leader with a clear vision, a strong interest in our mission, and a track record of success in the Gulf of Guinea region in maritime research, public advocacy, and capacity building.
- In consultation with management, create and carry out strategic plans that move the organization’s mission and vision forward.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, such as program management, finances, fundraising, and human resources.
- Build and keep relationships with important people, like donors, partners, and people in the community.
- Give technical help and advice to make sure that research projects and grants are carried out.
- Represent the Institute at conferences, workshops, and stakeholder meetings at a strategic level.
- Lead fundraising efforts and make sure the organization can stay in business financially.
- Assist in talent acquisition and management.
- Make sure that legal and ethical standards, such as those for financial management and program delivery, are followed.
- At least a master’s degree in a field related to ocean governance, maritime security, coastal zone management, marine conservation, and other relevant fields.
- At least three years of work experience in a related field, preferably in a leadership role.
- A track record of successfully raising money and making money
- Strong strategic planning and program development skills
- Excellent communication, working with other people, and building relationships skills
- Have worked with high-level stakeholders before.
How To Submit An Application To The Gulf of Guinea Maritime Institute For The Career Opening
Send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 18, 2023