Here is the Lancaster University Ghana Job Recruitment. The university is currently looking for a Student Affairs Manager.
Transnational Academic Group, in partnership with Lancaster University UK, delivers British undergraduate, postgraduate and foundation programmes at its campus in Ghana. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to be responsible for provision of leadership and performance of services that will enhance the student experience, equip students with employability skills, engage our alumni and support the achievement of educational goals and student journey at Lancaster University Ghana.
- Take lead on planning and organisation of orientation programme for students
- Promote workshops targeted at assisting students during their journey at LUG (Issues of home sickness, housing, health)
- Work towards ensuring 100% coverage of students on health insurance scheme
- Take lead on ensuring effective settlement of incoming students by managing a database of the institution’s recommended hostels and performing quality assurance checks on a regular basis
- To take the lead on forward planning accommodation capacity, working closely with QA Manager, Project & Facilities Director, to ensure that students obtain suitable accommodation
- To lead on the care, welfare and safety of students at all times; ensuring the students adhere to the university rules and regulations.
- To provide support to students for any personal problems that may arise and direct them to receive professional help from appropriates Support Units on campus
- Plan and arrange social, cultural, and recreational activities of various student groups, according to university policies and regulations, meet with student and faculty groups to plan activities
- Develop effective leadership programme aimed at nurturing, mentoring students’ leaders and talents for effective management of students’ council, clubs and societies, and successful execution of students’ events on campus
- Take lead on developing a multicultural programming that recognizes the cultures and needs of various nationalities represented on campus
- Take lead on and coordinate graduation ceremonies (e.g., undergraduate, postgraduate and other graduation ceremonies)
- Supervise and provide direction to the Alumni Relations Officer and Careers and Internship Placement Officer
Required Skills or Experience:
- A Master’s degree in the Social Sciences or in a related discipline is desirable
- Solid knowledge and experience of administrative and event and/or project management skills
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- At least 4 years working experience in a similar role or relevant position in higher education
Jobs You Might Also Be Interested In:
How To Submit An Application For The Job Recruitment At Lancaster University Ghana
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention STUDENT AFFAIRS MANAGER in the subject line.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th December 2022.