Sunda International Opens For Job Applications. They are hiring an Export Officer.
The Import/Export Officer will provide support to the Import/Export Administrator and assist with the preparation of import and export documents in compliance with customs and government regulations.
- Analyze import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or locally defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary
- Responsible to analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performances are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Coordinate with Import department and arrange payments for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements
- Interface with Ghanaian Customs brokers, clearing and forwarding agents on compliance issues and continuous process improvement
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Anticipate research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s own strategy, resources and procedures.
- It is essential that the individual have an extensive knowledge of the Ghanaian Import Industry.
- Strong analytical skills with good Excel knowledge are also so important, as you’ll frequently produce both routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis, making recommendations to ensure the best approach is adopted at all times to satisfy both commercial and operational requirements.
Experience/ Education Required:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Ghana.
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for both import and export.
- Must have appropriate Knowledge of Inspection agents, Banks, —Shipping Companies and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for Imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
Sunda International Opens For Job Applications – How To Apply
CVs must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st July, 2022