BURN is looking for a Head of Direct sales Channel who will be responsible for articulating and implementing the organization’s strategy for selling products or services in the specific locations assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct Sales Channel Strategy: Develop and execute the route to market strategy for the Direct Sales (Business to Consumer/B2C) Channel in line with carbon project requirements. RTM strategy will focus on door-to-door (D2D) and market day sales.
- Carbon Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensure all Monitoring and Evaluation of carbon project requirements are adhered to, specifically that stoves are sold to households that meet predefined criteria and quality data is collected from every end-end user.
- Agent Compensation: Advice the Management team on suitable compensation structures and incentive programs for the Direct Sales team.
- Systems and Procedures: Ensure the Direct Sales team follows all procedures around CRM, inventory management, and cash collections. Coordinate with other departments to ensure all Direct Sales Agents have trained appropriately on all relevant applications and tools.
- KPI Management: Define and track key performance indicators for all staff within the Direct Sales channel in line with the country’s strategy.
- Market Intelligence: In collaboration with the Carbon team, assist with the execution of carbon feasibility studies and other market research studies.
- Reporting: Produce analytical reports for the Management team on the performance of the Direct Sales Team, including analyzing key sales, marketing, carbon registration, and regional team performance metrics. Provide regular forecasts (city and region level) to the Management team.
- Marketing Coordination: Together with the Marketing team, plan and lead the implementation of a range of below-the-line and above-the-line marketing activities.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience managing Direct Sales team(s) (over 500 agents) in Nigeria, preferably with fast-moving and consumer durable goods
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sales and marketing fields in the Nigerian context, preferably in consumer durables and/or fast-moving consumer goods
- 3+ years’ experience running on-the-ground sales and marketing events, specifically marketplace product activations/demonstrations
- 2+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- 3+ years’ experience in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time.
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Strong report development, analytic/number-crunching background, supported by excellent graphical presentation skills
- Experience in building and managing successful B2C sales teams from scratch, preferably with FMCG and consumer durables, in West Africa
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree / MBA is a plus)
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a desire to ‘sell for good’ and willing to get your “hands dirty”.
- Experience working on carbon offsetting projects, preferably with a focus on renewable energy products.
BURN Advertises New Job Vacancy – How To Apply
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).