To make it easy for you to succeed in the Ghana Fire Service recruitment process, we have compiled Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers.
Examinations for the Ghana Fire Service are taken in schools throughout the country and at designated processing stations.
This study guide as well as the Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers will aid you to pass this stage of the selection process.
Additionally, you can practice for the exam with the study resources in this article.
Ghana Fire Service Aptitude Test Scope & Curriculum Arears.
Applicants must take the Ghana Fire Service aptitude test on a computer at their nearest Careers Centre to qualify for the test.
Subjects mostly tested are:
- General knowledge about the Ghana Fire Service
- Numeracy knowledge & Arithmetic reasoning
- Literacy knowledge
- General Science
Ghana Fire Service Numeracy & Logical Reasoning Questions & Answers For Ghana Fire Service
Find the principal which amounts to ¢5,500 at simple interest in 5 years at 2% per annum.
Evaluate [(0.14)² × 0.275] ÷ 7(0.02), correct to 3 decimal places.
In a class, 24 students read Physics, 21 read Mathematics and 9 read both Physics and Mathematics. If each student reads at least one of the two subjects, find the number of students in the class.
Write 57774, correct to three significant figures.
What is the least value of m if 2³×3³×7×m is a perfect square?
Factorize completely the expression: (h + 2k)² + 4k² – h².
- 2k(h + 2k)
- 2k(2h + 3k)
- 4k(h + 2k)
Evaluate in base two 11011 – 101
The length of a side of an equilateral triangle is 10 cm. Find the height of the triangle .
- 11.18 cm
- 10.00 cm
- 8.66 cm
- 5.00 cm
Solve the equation 12 + 6/x = 9
If w = -3, x = 14, y = 17 and z = -2, evaluate [(x – y)³ + z²] ÷ w³
A function g is defined by g:x = (2x – 1)/x. For what value of x is g undefined?
In an examination, the sum of the marks obtained by Kofi and Ama was 81 and the difference was 17. If Kofi had a larger Mark, find Ama’s mark.
Find the gradient of the line joining the points P(-2,6) and Q(3,-2).
What is the time, in minutes, taken to cover 8.1 km at an average speed of 5 m/s?
Which of the following satisfies 3x + 1 = 4 (mod 9)?
If 8^x = 2√2, find the value of x.
If 3log(2 + x) = log27, find x.
Simplify √450 – √200
Quame borrowed ¢300,000.00 from a GCB BANK. He repaid the loan in six equal instalments of ¢55,000.00. How much interest did he pay?
A man deposited $80,000.00 in bank at a 12% compound interest per annum. How much did the man have in the bank at the second year?
The insurance premium on a 23-seater bus is ¢3,279,600.00 plus 5% of the insured value. What is the insurance premium on a 23-seater bus insured for ¢150,000,000.00?
A water tank is a cube of side 2 m the depth of water in it is 60 cm. What is the volume of water in the tank?
- 2.4 m³
- 4 m³
- 8 m³
- 24 m³
Given that A = 60° and B = 30°, evaluate (sin B + 2 cos A) ÷ cos B, leaving your answer in surd form.
- 1 + 2√3
- 1 – √3
The mean of the numbers 15, 21, 17, 26, 18, 29 is 21. Calculate the standard deviation of the numbers.
Fire Service General knowledge Questions & Answers
What is the organization of the Fire Service
Answer: The Fire Service is composed of the Fire Service general recruits and Fire Service officers
What was the Fire Service established
Answer: It was established in 1997 under Act 219 to Extinguish fires and provide humanitarian services and re-established by Act 537
What is the Fire Service Service command structure
Answer: The Ghana Fire Service command structure extends from the minister of interior in the government to commanders in the field. Ghana Immigration Service units are deployed in the capital regions, and in Ghana’s border regions.
What is the rank structure of the Fire Service
- Chief Fire Officer (CFO)
- Deputy Chief Fire Officer (DCFO)
- Assistant Chief Fire Officer (ACFO)
- Divisional Officer Grade One (DO i)
- Divisional Officer Grade Two (DO ii)
- Divisional Officer Grade Three (DO iii)
- Assistant Divisional Officer Grade One (ADO i)
- Assistant Divisional Officer Grade One (ADO ii)
- Cadet Officer (CO) (Corps Training Into Becoming Senior Officers At The Fire Academy And Training School (Fats)).
Junior Officer Ranks
- Station Officer Grade One (STN/Oi) Or Group Officer Grade One (GO I)
- Station Officer Grade Two (STN/Oii) Or Group Officer Grade Two
- (Go Ii) Assistant Station Officer (ASO) Or Deputy Group Officer (DGO)
- Surbordinate Officer (SUB/O) Or Assistant Group Officer(AGO)
- Leading Fireman (LFM) Or Leading Firewoman (LFW)
- Senior Fireman (SFM) Or Senior Firewoman (SFW)
- Fireman (FM) Or Firewoman (FW)
- Recruit Fireman (RFM) Or Recruit Friewoman (RFW)
What equipment has the Fire Service
Equipment consists of older weapons of British, Brazilian, Swiss, Swedish, Israeli, and Finnish origin. The Ghanaian Fire Service inventory gave the following equipment : FV-601 Saladin and EE-9 Cascavel reconnaissance vehicles; MOWAG Piranha armored personnel carriers; 81mm and 120mm mortars; 84mm recoilless launchers; and 14.5mm ZPU-4 and 23mm ZU-23-2 air defense guns.
Fire Service General knowledge Questions & Answers For Fire Service
When was the Fire Service established
ANSWER: The Fire Service was collectively established in 1957 in Accra, Ghana
Who Is The Current Chief Fire Service
ANSWER: Edwin Ekow Blankson
What are the objectives of the Fire Service?
ANSWER: The GNFS has a broad objective of prevention and management of undesired fires.
This includes inspection of high rise and commercial buildings equipped with the necessary fire engineering, Organizing and educating the public on the hazards of fire, Road Traffic extrication and other matters related.
What are the Motto Of Ghana Fire Service
The Fire Service motto is “We Save Lives and Properties From Undesired Fires.”.
When did Ghana gain independence?
ANSWER: 6 March 1957
Which year was Ghana flag designed and who designed it?
ANSWER: The flag of Ghana was designed and adopted in 1957 and was flown until 1962, and then reinstated in 1966.
The Ghana flag was designed by Miss Theodosia Okoh
Ghana Fire Service Literacy Questions & Answers For Ghana Fire Service
Read the passage below, and answer question
Websites provide detailed, specific information on a wide variety of topics.
Websites may offer objective information, or they may present a person’s opinion about a topic.
Because web pages come from such a wide range of sources, it is vital that you evaluate the authority and the background of the Website before using or accepting any of the information presented.
- The author’s main purpose in the passage is to
- Caution on the use of electronic text
- Present sources of information
- Condemn the web information
- Commend electronic texts
Which of the following sentences has the correct noun, pronoun and verb combination?
- That bag is her’s but she has allowed the friend to take it
- That bag is hers’ but she have allowed the friend to take it
- That bag is hers but she have allowed the friend to take it
- That bag is hers but she has allowed the friend to take it
Which one of the following sentences uses the correct order of adjectives?
- I bought a pair of new, nice red rain shirts
- I bought a pair of nice, new red rain shirts
- I bought a pair of red, nice new rain shirts
- I bought a pair of new, red nice rain shirts